My name is Jeremy, but you can call me Jeremiah if you like. I was born and raised in sunny, southern California, and after over four years living in the green beauty of northern California, I’m back down south.
I’m a night-timer by nature, but lately I’ve been getting up earlier than usual, so nights that used to be till 3am are now more around 1am, sometimes 2.
The majority of my posts originate on my mobile device. From time to time I’ll sit down and spend the time to write a longer post, but the convenience of blogging from my cell makes for briefer, more frequent posts.
- Birthday: Valentine’s Day.
- Holiday: A calm mind.
- Inbox: you’ve got messages. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hobby: Does this count?
- Movies: How many times can one man watch Schindler’s List and The Godfather? Woodie Allen movies entertain and enlighten. I’m a sucker for sci-fi/Fantasy films (when well made): The Matrix Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Pan’s Labyrinth. Catch me crying in a film? Oh yes. Legends of the Fall, Titanic, Jerry McGuire, Saving Private Ryan, Love Actually.
- Television: My favorite TV show of all time: The Office “That’s what she said.” News shows like Special Report.
- Literature: Oscar Wilde, Tolkien lore, Goethe, Schaff, Dostoyevsky, and E.E. Cummings.
- Music: Iron & Wine, Morrissey, The Cure, Sufjan Stevens, Radiohead, and so much more… (of all my senses, I think losing my hearing would be the most devastating.)
- Interests: travel (but I never go anywhere).
- Adore: poetry in life… instances of beauty and connection.
- Long Day: Even longer nights.
- Twitter. I confess, I almost never tweet (anymore) www.twitter.com/stockman214
- Seeking: I just don’t want to be ashamed (quoting J.S. Foer)
- Sports: Detroit Lions fan to the end (what end?), Los Angeles Lakers, and UCLA Bruins.
- Audiobooks, baby.
I enjoy writing about love and relationships, hope and life reflected through the prism of faith and suffering. I enjoy posting lyrics and bits of books that tug at my soul. My life is in the midst of tribulation and through God’s grace it has brought out some awareness within me. I try to share that awareness here.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed what you read.