“We are not all born at once, but by bits. The body first, and the spirit later… Our mothers are racked with the pains of our physical birth; we ourselves suffer the longer pains of our spiritual growth.”
Nights like tonight… after days like today… and nights like last night…
it’s just me and Beethoven amidst a sorrowful heart and languishing prayers…
Lord, have mercy…
“If you want to overcome the whole world, overcome yourself.”
~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
No truer words, nor more difficult to enact.
True to form, Dostoyevsky says sit like it is, even when it cuts to the heart… and daunts even the strong in faith.
Such is my prayer… Lord have mercy.
“To love someone means to see them as God intended them.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Yes, he cares what she has to say. Very much so.
- He is praying for her, always.
- In her struggles, she is not alone. No matter how she feels, she can turn to him.
- Please remember, He didn’t change. He is still here, just like he always has been.
- He too feels many of the same things she is feeling.
- He has similar frustrations.
- He has similar fears.
- He remembers that they used to share those fears and frustrations together.
- He remembers that they used to support each other through those challenges.
- He remembers the fun times with her- there were so many.
- She can hold to hope, and know that she is dear to him. She can believe.